Morgendämmerung, oder, Wie man mit dem Hammer theologirt.
Nescire autem quid ante quam natus sis acciderit id es semper esse puerum.
Orandum est ut sit mens sana in corpore sano.
Homo sum humani nihil a me alienum puto.
Semper idem sed non eodem modo.

(For what this all means scroll to the bottom of the sidebar.)

VDMA

Verbum domini manet in aeternum. The word of the Lord endures forever.
1 Peter 1:24-25, quoting Isaiah 40:6,8. Motto of the Lutheran Reformation.


Fayth onely justifieth before God. Robert Barnes, DD The Supplication, fourth essay. London: Daye, 1572.

Lord if Thou straightly mark our iniquity, who is able to abide Thy judgement? Wherefore I trust in no work that I ever did, but only in the death of Jesus Christ. I do not doubt, but through Him to inherit the kingdom of heaven. Robert Barnes, DD, before he was burnt alive for "heresy", 30 July 1540.

What is Luther? The doctrine is not mine, nor have I been crucified for anyone. Martin Luther, Dr. theol. (1522)

For the basics of our faith right here online, or for offline short daily prayer or devotion or study, scroll down to "A Beggar's Daily Portion" on the sidebar.

23 August 2010

The Root of the Problem.

Well I'll be double dag dog dipped. Just got done with a working week-end, and preparations therefor -- only taking enough time to dash off the Sacred Head thing in one sitting -- when looking around to see what I've missed the last few days I see on Dr Kilcrease's blog Theologia Crucis that Michael Root of ELCA fame swam the ruddy Tiber.

Way shocking? Oh hell no. I'm sure some of the former Lutheran Tiber swimmers, on one of whose blogs we had indirect contact, are just happier than pigs in deep mud, and find vindication of their own move into "full communion" with the Bishop of Bullroar whose office bears the marks of Antichrist.

What conversion? A guy leaves a body that is no longer Lutheran for a body that is no longer Catholic. Why the hell not? A few more deals like the JDDJ in which he was involved, a betrayal of both traditions, and the full communion of the Whore of Babylon will be complete, the main brothel in full communion with all the brothelial unions!

It ought to work out well. Hell, when it comes time for the novus novus ordo -- this will be after they get through with "more faithful" translations of the current novus ordo, Judas it took them a generation to fix some stuff my high school Latin class could have done as a week-end assignment -- they will all be in one house, rather than the round robin of ICEL, CCT, ELLC etc and all these various hymnals by all these like-minded "ecclesial unions" as Rome calls them now.

The quoted news release post contained a comment with something about finding another tradition more compelling. Long way from The Word of the Lord endures forever, but what the hell. Long way from the Abjuration of Heresy converts made when I was Catholic, but what the hell.

He's right though. If what you want is a 1960s collage of phenomenology, sociology and a little existentialism, with a revision of the liturgy, calendar and lectionary to accompany so you superficially resemble the former deal, hell yes if you want to go ad fontes go to the fons et origo of the whole stinking mess, the religion and church created at Vatican II. The originals do it way better and more compelling than their Lutheran and Anglican/Episcopalian wannabes, plus they got the real estate, bank accounts, and period costumes from before too!

There's a succession, but there's not a damn thing Apostolic about it.

More compelling tradition, eh? What a laugher. Amusing as all hell to me though. I left the RCC because I could NOT find the Catholic tradition, which of course I thought at the time was the catholic and Apostolic tradition left by Christ, any more, and thinking there could be no other, left Christianity too. Conversion stories like this remind me that if some day I woke up thinking that Catholic tradition was the more compelling, like say true, the last place on earth I would go for it is the Roman Church of Vatican II.

Talk about not your grandfather's church. It ain't even the church in which I was born and raised or to which my father converted and my grandfather returned!

Thanks be to God for his gift of the Lutheran Confessions in my life and I could finally disentangle catholic from Catholic and finally see the Word of the Lord which does indeed endure forever.

No comments: