Morgendämmerung, oder, Wie man mit dem Hammer theologirt.
Nescire autem quid ante quam natus sis acciderit id es semper esse puerum.
Orandum est ut sit mens sana in corpore sano.
Homo sum humani nihil a me alienum puto.
Semper idem sed non eodem modo.

(For what this all means scroll to the bottom of the sidebar.)

VDMA

Verbum domini manet in aeternum. The word of the Lord endures forever.
1 Peter 1:24-25, quoting Isaiah 40:6,8. Motto of the Lutheran Reformation.


Fayth onely justifieth before God. Robert Barnes, DD The Supplication, fourth essay. London: Daye, 1572.

Lord if Thou straightly mark our iniquity, who is able to abide Thy judgement? Wherefore I trust in no work that I ever did, but only in the death of Jesus Christ. I do not doubt, but through Him to inherit the kingdom of heaven. Robert Barnes, DD, before he was burnt alive for "heresy", 30 July 1540.

What is Luther? The doctrine is not mine, nor have I been crucified for anyone. Martin Luther, Dr. theol. (1522)

For the basics of our faith right here online, or for offline short daily prayer or devotion or study, scroll down to "A Beggar's Daily Portion" on the sidebar.

10 May 2008

Revised Blogroll

Please check out the sidebar Lutheran Blogs. I have made a number of changes.

Since a couple of blogs already on the blogroll have changed not only locations but names, I have updated them and also supplied the last name, where applicable, of the authors of all blogs listed on the blogroll.

The Issues, Etc. disgrace has called forth a number of new blogs, and created deeper awareness that the issues about Issues are symptomatic of issues well beyond Issues. My sidebar "Reformissional Resistance" has a link to find them all. The ones that address the larger situation I have included in my blogroll itself.

You will see one by a guy named Diekmann, of whom I said "not THAT one". So who's THAT one? Godfrey Diekmann, OSB. A leading light in the "reforms" of Vatican II and a peritus (that's Latin for "expert") at the Council, a major figure in my undergraduate experience, with whom I disagreed on nearly everything, as cultured, articulate and compassionate a person as I have ever met, deeply convinced of the benefits of that in which he believed, and I look forward to experiencing the Heavenly Table with him where we all shall, to borrow the thought of the death note of Philipp Melanchthon, no stranger to controversy himself, go to the light, see God, look upon His Son, and learn the wonderful mysteries we have not been able to understand in this life.

No comments: